Research internships at the Netherlands Business Support Office in Houston, Texas.
At the NBSO-office in Houston we have two vacancies for internships (3-6 months). Are you an enthusiastic, motivated HBO or WO student and looking for an interesting challenge in Houston, Texas? This might be the opportunity for you!
The Netherlands Business Support Office is located in the Federal Reserve Bank in Houston, close to Downtown and dynamic Midtown. The NBSO offers multiple services to promote and intensify trade between the Netherlands and Texas. We are a small office, consisting of two people.
Port and Logistics NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The Port of Rotterdam is the biggest port in Europe. Together with the other ports in the Netherlands they are ‘the gateway to Europe’. Through an excellent infrastructure, shipment from all over the world arrives in the different ports and is transported to the rest of Europe. For the USA, the Port of Houston plays as similar role, serving as the main hub to the USA and Central and South America. There are many similarities between both ports, but also many differences. Is there a need for Dutch expertise? Is the Netherlands the gateway to Europe from the Houston?
During this internship, you will conduct an in-depth market research on the business opportunities for Dutch companies in the Port of Houston and the surrounding industrial complex. Example of areas to include in your market report:
- Liquid bulk
- Dry bulk
Life Sciences & Health
Since the largest Medical Center (Texas Medical Center) in the world is located in Houston, Texas, there is a lot of knowledge and research going on in the medical field. During this internship, you will conduct an in-depth market research on the Life Science & Health sector in Texas. The goal of this internship is to gain better knowledge of the players in the market en de business opportunities for Dutch companies in the field of Life Science & Health, Medtech, Biotechnology and e-Health.
The questions you’ll answer in your research:
- What ar the goals and the challenges of the state of Texas in the field of Life Science & Health?
- Which clusters and subsectors can be indicated?
- Which Dutch and Texan companies are active in these subsectors?
- What are the business opportunities for Dutch companies?
The following tasks are part of the internship description:
- The main goals is to write a report about regional developments in the field of Life Science & Health, Med Tech, BioTechnology and e-Health related developments in Texas.
- Obtain information on this field in the Netherlands by contacting Topsector Life Science & Health and FME – LSH cluster.
- Assisting in day-to-day activities in the office
- Participating in meeting, conferences and seminars
- You are an HBO/WO student
- You have excellent oral and written skills in English and Dutch
- You are a team player, pro-active, independend and responsible.
- You have the Dutch nationality
Conditions and fees
The internship fee has a maximum of € 578,- per month (40 hours per week).
Send your resume!
Send your motivational letter and resume to Mariella Priem: firstname.lastname@example.org and to Saskia Pardaans: email@example.com. If you have more questions about these internships, feel free to contact us!
The length of your internship and the start date is flexible; we are willing to schedule this along your curriculum.